Build flexible, cement-like, fine-grade texture with this thick acrylic effects gel.
What it does;
- Tiny hollow ceramic spheres add structure and texture to this 100% acrylic polymer gel.
- Dries to a light grey matte stucco finish.
- Highly flexible and adhesive.
- Will not chip or crack on canvas.
- Gives an opaque/semi-opaque appearance - the thicker you apply, the more opaque it becomes.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with colour or overpainted once dry.
- Provides an excellent absorbent ground for acrylics, pastels and graphite - for glazing, washes and drawing on.
- Apply thickly to create bold 3d effects, or finely to give surface texture.
- Maintains colour adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it;
- Fully intermixable with all liquitex products.
- Apply with palette knife or brush.
- Tint with acrylic colour to make a coloured texture cement.
- Intermix with other texture gels to get a custom effect.
- Overpaint when dry with acrylic colour.
- To use as an absorbent ground - apply a thin layer to surface and leave to dry.
- To colour wash - paint over with a mix of colour and airbrush medium.
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture.
- For abstract effects, apply different colours with a knife, building layers dry or wet in wet.
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments.
- Varnish for additional protection.
How not to use it;
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media.