A classic titanium white acrylic ground to prepare your surface and add a high level of tooth.
What it does:
- Primes surfaces and adds a high level of tooth for maximum colour adhesion and stability.
- Gives a matte white, opaque finish which provides a professional standard, archival base to help maintain the longevity of your work.
- Stiffens your canvases and creates the optimum absorbency for paint application.
- Establishes a good surface for preliminary charcoal or pencil drawings.
- Always use a quality artist's gesso if you want a lasting, archival base - a low-cost ground will flake and separate from your support, taking your work with it. with proper application and under the right conditions, a professional gesso will last generations.
How to use it:
- Fully intermixable with all liquitex products.
- Use undiluted or thin with up to 25% water - when thinning more than 25%, use an equal mixture of water and liquitex matte medium.
- Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply a thin coat to support with a wide, flat brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint.
- To create a smoother base, sand the surface and reapply gesso.
- If using as a base for oils, apply 2-4 coats and sand between applications.
- Add acrylic colour for a custom tint - soft body acrylic is the optimum consistency.