Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
A classic titanium white acrylic ground to prepare your surface and add a high level of tooth.
What it does:
- Primes surfaces and adds a high level of tooth for maximum colour adhesion and stability.
- Gives a matte white, opaque finish which provides a professional standard, archival base to help maintain the longevity of your work.
- Stiffens your canvases and creates the optimum absorbency for paint application.
- Establishes a good surface for preliminary charcoal or pencil drawings.
- Always use a quality artist's gesso if you want a lasting, archival base - a low-cost ground will flake and separate from your support, taking your work with it. with proper application and under the right conditions, a professional gesso will last generations.
How to use it:
- Fully intermixable with all liquitex products.
- Use undiluted or thin with up to 25% water - when thinning more than 25%, use an equal mixture of water and liquitex matte medium.
- Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply a thin coat to support with a wide, flat brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint.
- To create a smoother base, sand the surface and reapply gesso.
- If using as a base for oils, apply 2-4 coats and sand between applications.
- Add acrylic colour for a custom tint - soft body acrylic is the optimum consistency.
Shipping & Returns
Enjoy FREE SHIPPING on standard delivery on orders over $60*!
Orders are shipped from our distribution centre in Auckland and delivery is managed via a tracked courier service.
We ship only in New Zealand (for now!) and most orders are dispatched within 1-3 working days.
Please note that refunds and returns will not be considered after your product has been used, if the buyer simply changes their mind or if the item is not 'what you expected'. We do not accept change of mind returns, so please choose carefully. See our Returns & Exchanges Policy.
We might send your order in multiple parcels, due to stock location and availability. If that's the case, you will be notified via email and you will receive a tracking link for each parcel sent. Please see more details in our Terms & Conditions.
Do you have a question on a product? Simply contact us, we'll be happy to help.
Thanks for shopping with Hobby Land, we hope you enjoy the experience!
*Conditions apply. See our Shipping Terms.