Build flexible, high gloss, bubbly effects with this thick acrylic texture gel.
What it does;
- Glass microspheres add shimmering structure and texture to this 100% acrylic polymer gel.
- Dries to a reflective, undulating finish, for a bubble-like effect.
- Highly flexible and adhesive.
- Will not chip or crack on canvas.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with colour or overpainted with acrylics or oils once dry.
- Apply thickly to create dramatic 3d effects, or finely to give surface texture.
- Provides an undulating ground for acrylics and oils.
- Maintains colour adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it;
- Fully intermixable with all liquitex products.
- Apply with knife or brush.
- Can be thinned with small amount of distilled water if required.
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic colour/medium to create custom texture.
- Start by adding very small amounts of colour and build up as needed.
- Overpaint when dry with acrylic/oil colour.
- To use as a ground - apply a thin layer to surface and leave to dry.
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture.
- Mix with gloss medium to create a textured glaze.
- For dramatic reflective effects, mix with transparent/semi-opaque colours or apply 'neat' over dried paint.
- For reflective textured glazes, mix with gloss medium and small amounts of soft body.
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments.
How not to use it;
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media.