Reduce shine, extend volume and dramatically thicken, while extending open time - or use as a strong collaging adhesive.
What it does;
- Dramatically increases viscosity to create a stiff, oil paint-like consistency that holds high peaks and sculptural shape.
- Reduces surface gloss, increases colour depth and transparency.
- Extends your colour further without affecting acrylic stability.
- Slows drying time and gives minimal shrinkage.
- Acts as a heavy-duty collaging adhesive.
- Primes rough exterior walls for gesso application before mural painting.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it;
- Fully intermixable with all liquitex products.
- Mix with gloss gel to create a custom satin gel.
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results.
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic colour to create the viscosity and transparency you want - the more you add, the more transparent your colour will become.
- Mix into heavy body acrylic to extend volume and maintain viscosity.
- Mix into soft body or acrylic ink to extend volume and thicken.
- This is semi-opaque when wet, transparent when dry - when used very thickly it may dry semi-opaque.
- Apply with a brush as a collaging glue and fixative.
How not to use it;
- Do not vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media.