Build flexible, medium-grade sandy texture with this thick acrylic effects gel.
What it does;
- Natural sand particles add structure and texture to this 100% acrylic polymer gel.
- Dries to a glossy, 'beach sand' finish.
- Highly flexible and adhesive.
- Will not chip or crack on canvas.
- Gives an opaque/semi-opaque appearance - the thicker you apply the more opaque it becomes.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with colour or overpainted once dry.
- When mixed with acrylic colour, improves blending and gives oil-style stiffness.
- Provides an excellent textured ground or underpainting medium for acrylics, pastels and graphite - great for delicate marks and blending.
- Apply thickly to create bold 3d effects, or finely to give surface texture.
- Maintains colour adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use it;
- Fully intermixable with all liquitex products.
- Apply with knife or brush.
- Can be thinned with a small amount of distilled water if required.
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic colour/medium to create custom texture.
- Start by adding very small amounts of colour and build up as needed.
- Overpaint when dry with acrylic colour.
- To use as a ground - apply a thin layer to surface and leave to dry.
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture.
- Mix with gloss medium to create a textured glaze.
- For abstract effects, apply different colours with a knife, building layers dry or wet in wet.
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments.
How not to use it;
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media.